Shaped by you
5G your way, in your region
Developing the future of connectivity around your specific business needs
We’re driven by our customers’ needs and this collaborative approach has led to technology innovation that delivers positive business outcomes for our customers. We recognise that no two businesses are the same…and for that reason, neither is their application of technology.
Take the much talked about and anticipated 5G. It isn’t simply the next phase of mobile connectivity. Its potential to connect people far exceeds previous generations. 5G underpins new ground-breaking solutions, delivering powerful computing capabilities in real-time and in places businesses previously couldn’t reach. These include mobile private networks (MPN), offering better service with more control and security, and multi-access edge computing (MEC), accelerating data processing to new levels. And, of course, 5G opens the door to the full power of the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic process automation (RPA), potentially sparking a new industrial revolution.
All very impressive! But 5G means different things to different businesses. Its success depends on being applied in the right way to meet each unique need; each specific business objective. This demands a two-way partnership that uncovers the specific challenges facing an organisation, then develops a 5G strategy tailored to meet them head on, essentially navigating a carefully planned journey into a world of awesome connectivity. Here are just some of the latest 5G innovations, born out of our recent collaborations with our customers below:
1. Vodafone named London’s best network for 5G Vodafone has been confirmed as the best 5G network in London, thanks to its commitment to giving customers the fastest speeds and best reliability across the nation’s capital. Find out more
2. A 5G-powered future for rural Dorset Vodafone is working with a DCMS-backed consortium to show how 5G can transform an entire community and help save lives by delivering innovative technologies for Coast & Rescue, Agriculture, Tourism and Business Acceleration. Find out more
3. UK’s first commercial standalone 5G network with Coventry University Vodafone is helping Coventry University transform teaching and deliver immersive and interactive remote learning through 5G for the first time. Find out more
4. Boosting Northern Ireland’s connectivity for the future As part of our network improvements, we’ve recently upgraded services at 72 sites across Northern Ireland, increasing capacity and improving download speeds.
5. Our 5G network goes live in Cardiff Customers in Cardiff are among the first to experience Vodafone’s industry-leading 5G network – a game-changer for mobile connectivity.
6. UK’s first connected parking to ease congestion in the West Midlands Vodafone has partnered with Transport for West Midlands and West Midlands 5G to develop a new smart parking system – the first in the UK to determine availability in real time using 5G. Find out more
7. Investing in Greater Manchester’s future Vodafone was the first operator in the UK to launch the first full 5G site in Manchester back in Oct 2018. The first 5G holographic call was also completed between Manchester and Newbury. Since then we’ve continued to enable customers in the region by installing strategic coverage solutions in major high footfall locations like Manchester Airport, Manchester Arena, Arndale, Old Trafford and Etihad stadium.
8. 5G enables the first autonomous vehicle testing on UK roads in the Midlands Vodafone is partnering with the Midlands Future Mobility (MFM) consortium to test Connected and Automated Vehicles along 186 miles of urban, rural and highway roads. Find out more
9. Ford and Vodafone Business unlock the potential of 5G manufacturing in Essex Vodafone 5G is completely transforming production at Ford’s E:PrimE (Electrified Powertrain in Manufacturing Engineering) facility in Dunton, Essex. Find out more
10. West Midlands transforms trams with Vodafone 5G network Vodafone is improving tram safety and accessibility through work with West Midlands 5G (WM5G) and GoMedia, as part of the UK’s first multi-city 5G test bed. Find out more
11. The Super Suite, coming soon to Scotland Experience the latest technology at Scotland’s number one music venue. As official technology partner of the SSE Hydro, we invite you to come and explore our latest 5G and Internet of Things demonstrations from the Hydro’s most prestigious suite.